What you’ll be doing
- Leading our security research group and all security research efforts, including Data Analysis, Data Science, Webint, Reverse engineering
- Turning the past into actionable intelligence and creating future-predicting algorithms in the Web-Application Security world.
- Working with our Product, Marketing, Services, and Engineering departments, strategize directions, and execute research roadmap.
- Drive thought leadership initiatives.
- Train and coach our researchers and research managers in their respective fields.
- Experienced in modern digital Web security. Knows the space and domain well, and able to demonstrate said expertise.
- Experience leading and managing R&D teams. Able to coach and manage others to drive necessary results
- Experience in building teams in a rapid growth environment
- Able to play offense and defensive. Can think like the attacker, predict what attacks will look like now and in the future, while also designing the ways we would defend
- Strategic thinker, able to look and plan 3-4 steps ahead of the current state. Asks the right questions of self and team
- Able to be “in the fight” on a daily basis, interested in solving the real attacks of today (while balancing that with predicting the potential attacks of the future)
- Highly experienced with complex data analysis. Able to merge lots of various inputs into clear ideas and strategies
- Able to balance autonomy with collaboration. Has demonstrated experience in running the research function, but is also open to new ideas and input
- Demonstrated track record in change leadership and cross-functional collaboration to achieve results.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills required.
- Exceptional project management experience
- Strong background in statistical analysis (Logistic regression, Statistical inference, Hypothesis Testing)
- Strong data and analytical skills, able to tell stories and draw conclusions from the data
- Loves to code (Python, R, Scala, etc.), while also strong at coaching others to do the same.
- Proficient in written and verbal communication in English
- A Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Data Sciences is required and Advanced Degree is preferred
- 10+ years of relevant research & development required
- 7+ years of leadership experience required.