- Tel Aviv
Come join the battle against bad bots!!
We are looking for talented and experienced Big Data Engineer to join our growing team. If you are passionate about analyzing and processing huge amounts of data and you have experience with large scale big data architecture, come join us!
You will be taking a major role in a team collecting, processing and analyzing the data that powers up PerimeterX behavior-based threat protection technology.
- Design, implement, and support a platform providing access to petabyte scale datasets
- Implement data structures using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes, and SQL
- Model data and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Create tools for analytics and data science teams to assist them in building and optimizing our product
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4-5 years of experience working with at least one high level language (e.g. Java, Scala, GO)
- In-depth knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop/Hive/Spark/Flink/Storm/Kafka
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (Yarn, MapReduce, HDFS)
- Experience with the cloud environment such as GCP/AWS/Azure
- Experience with data modeling
- Experience with high scale, high performance, highly concurrent, distributed environment
- A solid understanding of database design experience with relational and at least one NoSQL databases (e.g. ElasticSearch, Redis, Cassandra, CouchBase , MongoDB)
- Good knowledge of additional languages or data science tools (Shell, Python) – An advantage
- Experience with timeseries databases such as InfluxDB/Prometheus/Druid - An advantage
- Writing and optimizing ETL Processes - An advantage
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- "Can do" attitude with strong interpersonal and communication skills
PerimeterX is a provider of scalable, behavior-based threat protection technology for the web, cloud and mobile. Its security service PerimeterX Bot Defender™ accurately protects commerce, media and enterprise websites from all types of automated or non-human attacks, at any scale. PerimeterX was founded in 2014 and has received 34.5 million in funding to date.