Threat Intelligence Analyst
- San Mateo, CA
- Customer Operations
Do you enjoy tracking threat actors? Are you an expert at open source intelligence gathering and pattern recognition? Do you find that financially disrupting cyber adversaries is personally rewarding?
Come join us and rid the internet of bad bots.
What you'll be doing at PerimeterX...
- Analyze large volumes of web and mobile traffic to produce actionable intelligence reports/presentations to customers and executive staff
- Understand the threats our customers face and the mitigation needed for each case
- Improve the product’s ability to detect and mitigate real-time cyberattacks
- Lead dedicated research for our largest customers, optimize the system and develop additional unique detections for the product
- Work cross-functionally to guide the future of our security platform
- Speak at industry and internal conferences to share results of analysis and research
What are we looking for you to come with...
- Knowledge of web architecture and protocols (CDN, HTML, DOM, JS, HTTP, HTTPS, TLS/SSH, IPv4/v6 etc.)
- 5+ years analytical experience working with large-scale datasets
- Experience with cybersecurity/web security highly preferred
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to manipulate, model and interpret large quantities of structured data
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in SQL and in at least one major programming language (e.g. Python).
- Background in technical investigations, open-source intelligence collection, experience operating in the deep/dark web, account take-over, phishing, and SPAM
- Knowledge of fraud investigations and the tools/technologies that support it
- Degree in Criminal Justice, Computer Science, Cyber Security, International Affairs, or other relevant forensic-oriented education
PerimeterX is a provider of scalable, behavior-based threat protection technology for the web, cloud and mobile. Its security service PerimeterX Bot Defender™ accurately protects commerce, media and enterprise websites from all types of automated or non-human attacks, at any scale. PerimeterX was founded in 2014 and has received 77.5 million in funding to date.