Security Operations Engineer
- San Mateo, CA
- Customer Operations
PerimeterX is the leading provider of application security solutions that keep your web business safe in the complex digital world. Delivered as a service, the company’s Bot Defender and Code Defender solutions detect risks to your web applications and proactively manage them, freeing you to focus on growth and innovation. Bringing together an elite engineering team, security research to continually update its solutions with current intelligence, and best-in-class customer enablement and support, the world’s largest and most reputable websites and mobile applications count on PerimeterX to safeguard their consumers’ digital experience. PerimeterX is located in San Mateo, California and on the web at www.perimeterx.com
Do you enjoy tracking threat actors? Are you an expert at open source intelligence gathering and pattern recognition? Do you find that financially disrupting cyber adversaries is personally rewarding?
Come join us and rid the internet of bad bots.
What you'll be doing at PerimeterX...
- Advise customers on attack vectors and mitigation needed
- Improve the product’s ability to detect and mitigate real-time cyberattacks
- Lead dedicated research for our largest customers, optimize the system and develop additional unique detections for the product
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Research, and R&D to guide the future of our security platform
What are we looking for you to come with...
- Knowledge of web architecture and protocols (CDN, HTML, DOM, JS, HTTP, HTTPS, TLS/SSH, IPv4/v6 etc.)
- 5+ years analytical experience working with large-scale datasets
- Experience with cybersecurity/web security highly preferred
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to manipulate, model and interpret large quantities of structured data
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in SQL and in at least one major programming language (e.g. Python).
- Knowledge of fraud investigations and the tools/technologies that support it
- Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering
Why you should join the PerimeterX team...
- A platform to learn about Cyber Security while working with industry-leading technology
- A chance to work with some of the most well-known brands in e-commerce, travel, hospitality, retail, and enterprise SaaS
- Catered lunch and dinners every day
- Plenty of yummy snacks and drinks
- Lots of coffee (or Red Bull) to keep you going all day
- In/Out of Office happy hours
- Quarterly out of the office events
- Automatic cell phone allowance
- Spacious and freshly remodeled office in San Mateo
- Standup desks
- Fresh PerimeterX SWAG
PerimeterX is a provider of scalable, behavior-based threat protection technology for the web, cloud and mobile. Its security service PerimeterX Bot Defender™ accurately protects commerce, media and enterprise websites from all types of automated or non-human attacks, at any scale. PerimeterX was founded in 2014 and has received 77.5 million in funding to date.