Corporate Communications Manager
- San Mateo, CA
PerimeterX is the leading provider of application security solutions that keep your web business safe in the complex digital world. Delivered as a service, the company’s Bot Defender and Code Defender solutions detect risks to your web applications and proactively manage them, freeing you to focus on growth and innovation. Bringing together an elite engineering team, security research to continually update its solutions with current intelligence, and best-in-class customer enablement and support, the world’s largest and most reputable websites and mobile applications count on PerimeterX to safeguard their consumers’ digital experience. PerimeterX is located in San Mateo, California and on the web at www.perimeterx.com
We are seeking a Corporate Communications Manager to raise awareness for PerimeterX and grow our leadership in web application security by executing public relations, social media and internal communications programs. The ideal candidate loves creating and sharing stories, tracking the latest trends and learning new skills. This is a fast-paced, high visibility role reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Marketing.
In this role, you are responsible for targeting business, trade and vertical media globally to drive coverage for the company on business, security, research and trend topics. You’ll expand our share of voice via social networks and engage in conversations with media, influencers, thought leaders, employees, customers, prospects and partners. You’ll interact with our spokespeople and subject matter experts to develop stories, generate coverage and merchandise media hits. You’ll also support our internal communications programs working with our HR and facilities teams.
What you will be doing at PerimeterX...
- Increase share of voice by driving key activities with PR agency such as editorial calendar, rapid response, press releases, award submissions and speakers bureau
- Build and execute social media programs through competitive research, benchmarking, content development, and audience and influencer identification
- Generate, curate and publish daily content that extends our reach, builds meaningful connections and encourages followers to take action
- Write and edit content including press releases, media alerts, articles, briefing documents, FAQs, blogs, pitches, video scripts, bios and presentations
- Promote news and media coverage across all channels such as website, social, slack and paid media
- Manage internal communications cadence and activities across all channels such as slack, email, TV monitors, surveys, meetings, blogs and newsletters
- Deliver reporting and analytics across all communication channels to create insights that help us meet and exceed KPIs
What we are looking for from you...
- Five years of public relations experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, marketing, journalism or related field
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills, and proven ability to write effective and engaging copy in a variety of formats
- Video, podcast or creative skills a plus
- Demonstrable social networking experience
Why you should join the PerimeterX team...
- A platform to learn about Cyber Security while working with industry-leading technology
- A chance to work with some of the most well-known brands in e-commerce, travel, hospitality, retail, and enterprise SaaS
- Catered lunch and dinners every day
- Plenty of yummy snacks and drinks
- Lots of coffee (or Red Bull) to keep you going all day
- In/Out of Office happy hours
- Quarterly out of the office events
- Automatic cell phone allowance
- Spacious and freshly remodeled office in San Mateo
- Standup desks
- Fresh PerimeterX SWAG
PerimeterX is a provider of scalable, behavior-based threat protection technology for the web, cloud and mobile. Its security service PerimeterX Bot Defender™ accurately protects commerce, media and enterprise websites from all types of automated or non-human attacks, at any scale. PerimeterX was founded in 2014 and has received 77.5 million in funding to date.