Accounts Receivable Staff Accountant
- San Mateo, CA
- Accounting & Finance
PerimeterX is the industry leader in bot mitigation and detection, having an incredibly successful 2018 campaign, we are ready to have a bigger impact in 2019. Come join the battle against bad bots and apply now if you are ready to contribute to one of the hottest start-ups in the Bay Area! Come join the battle against bad bots!
The Accounts Receivable Staff Accountant processes all facets of PerimeterX’s Billing and Accounts Receivable (A/R) functions. This role facilitates prompt, correct, and complete billing, collection, and cash application of PerimeterX receivables to support preparation of accurate financial statements, compliance with customer contracts, and optimization of cash flow.
What you'll be doing at PerimeterX...
- Direct preparation and issuance of customer invoices to ensure prompt and accurate billing in compliance with contract terms
- Oversee responses to billing and A/R inquiries in a manner that cultivates a culture of exemplary customer service both internal and external
- Participate in month-end close processes associated with Accounts Receivable to support timely and accurate preparation and delivery of financial statements
- Facilitate cash receipt and application processes to ensure prompt and accurate deposit of all funds and application to customer accounts
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records
- Perform account reconciliations
- Oversee maintenance of customer account information within the company’s Billing System to ensure up-to-date contract terms and billing contact information.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on various systems projects including selection, implementation, and upgrades to A/R and Billing systems.
The experience you bring to PerimeterX...
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Billing and A/R functions Experience participating in system evaluation and implementation preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in addition to solid organizational skills
- Ability to work within a small team and act with a sense of urgency
- Customer service skills
- Comfort in a fast paced work environment, with multiple concurrent projects and priorities
- Experience with Netsuite, Zuora, Salesforce
- Intermediate level MS office skills
- Sense of humor
PerimeterX is a provider of scalable, behavior-based threat protection technology for the web, cloud and mobile. Its security service PerimeterX Bot Defender™ accurately protects commerce, media and enterprise websites from all types of automated or non-human attacks, at any scale. PerimeterX was founded in 2014 and has received 77.5 million in funding to date.