Associate Product Marketing Manager
- San Mateo, CA
PerimeterX is rapidly growing, and we are looking to expand our Product Marketing team. If you have a technical background and you are passionate about innovative security products and the challenge of translating complex technology into a value proposition - we have a great opportunity for you.
As an Associate Product Marketing Manager at PerimeterX, you will be helping to drive the success of our products. You will craft the messaging and positioning for the company’s products, and transfer it to sales tools and materials for sales enablement.
You will work closely with Product, Sales and Marketing teams to launch new capabilities and products while driving the success and adoption of the existing ones. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial.
What you'll be doing here at PerimeterX...
- Assist in developing product positioning and messaging that differentiates our existing and new expanding products in the market
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools and sales training materials that support the selling process of PerimeterX’s products
- Create product collateral, including, solution briefs, datasheets, case studies, demos, presentations, cheat sheets and battle sheets to support sales efforts and demand generation
- Create and provide training for the sales team
- Market and Competitive Intelligence – Assist in learning and understanding our customers, their concerns, and the key factors in their decision making; assist in knowing better our competition and strategize how to crush them
- Conduct competitive analysis and engage in an on-going dialog with customers and non-customers
- Assist in driving product direction based on market analysis and customer feedback
- Support Demand generation – work with demand generation to develop the strategy to drive demand for our products, providing the materials and content for successful campaigns
- Product Launches – Assisting in planning the launching of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan and collaborate with the marketing team to generate strong momentum ahead of new product launches
- Work closely with the product management, engineering, and research teams to determine the best course for each existing and new product, including messaging, and go to market
What we need you to come with...
- A technical degree (or equivalent experience)2+ years of software development or other technical engineering role
- 2+ years of customer facing or business-oriented experience (such as Customer Success, Sales Engineer, Solution Architect, Business Development etc.) or an MBA
- Product / Product Marketing experience is a plus
- Experience in B2B/Saas, Security, Web/Cloud environment is a plus
- Startup experience is a plus
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and simply
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with customers, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and strategic partners
- Comfortable with ambiguity
PerimeterX is a provider of scalable, behavior-based threat protection technology for the web, cloud and mobile. Its security service PerimeterX Bot Defender™ accurately protects commerce, media and enterprise websites from all types of automated or non-human attacks, at any scale. PerimeterX was founded in 2014 and has received 77.5 million in funding to date.