Product Marketing ManagerSan Mateo
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the outbound marketing activities for PerimeterX’s products. You will craft the messaging and positioning for the company’s products, and transfer it to sales tools and materials for sales enablement.
In your role you will be the expert and champion of our buyers, their different personas and their buying criteria, and will transfer that knowledge to the sales team, providing tools and processes.
You’ll conceive and develop innovative marketing programs with the marketing team to drive demand. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our existing and new expanding products in the market
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools and sales training materials that support the selling process of PerimeterX’s products
- Create product collateral, including, solution briefs, datasheets, case studies, demos, presentations, cheat sheets and battle sheets to support sales efforts and demand generation
- Create and provide training for the sales team
- Market and Competitive Intelligence – be the expert on our customers, their concerns, and the key factors in their decision making; be the expert on the competition and how to crush them
- Conduct competitive analysis and engage in an on-going dialog with customers and non-customers
- Drive product direction based on market analysis and customer feedback
- Customer Communication - know our customers and develop a plan for communicating our newly launched features and benefits on an ongoing basis.
- Support Demand generation – work with demand generation to develop the strategy to drive demand for our products, providing the materials and content for successful campaigns
- Product Launches – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan and collaborate with the marketing team to generate strong momentum ahead of new product launches
- Work closely with the product management, engineering and research teams to determine the best course for each existing and new product, including messaging, and go to market
- 5+ years of software product marketing experience with at least 2 years experience in a field facing role.
- 2+ years of product marketing experience for security products
- Ability to weave together product capabilities, market trends, and customer needs into compelling messages
- Demonstrated product collateral development skills (writing, presentations, web copy, etc)
- Demonstrated sales enablement and training experience
- Product marketing experience for SaaS solutions and Web/Cloud environment - an advantage
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and simply
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with customers, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and strategic partners
- Proven history of creating effective content to support marketing programs
- Excellent time management and project prioritization skills
- Bachelor’s in business, marketing or related