Sales Engineer- PreSales (SM)
- San Mateo, CA
PerimeterX is the leading provider of application security solutions that keep your web business safe in the complex digital world. Delivered as a service, the company’s Bot Defender and Code Defender solutions detect risks to your web applications and proactively manage them, freeing you to focus on growth and innovation. Bringing together an elite engineering team, security research to continually update its solutions with current intelligence, and best-in-class customer enablement and support, the world’s largest and most reputable websites and mobile applications count on PerimeterX to safeguard their consumers’ digital experience. PerimeterX is located in San Mateo, California and on the web at www.perimeterx.com
Sales Engineers at PerimeterX work hand in hand with the Sales team to technically qualify and close business; you are the sales person's technical brain either via video, calls, or in person. Sales Engineers are technical customer advocates at their core. Being able to quickly come up to speed on a customers challenges and then propose a technical solution is paramount to building a relationship based on trust.
What you will be doing at PerimeterX...
- Partner with our global sales team
- Helping potential customers understand the developments in our cutting edge web security
- Educate customers on the current threat landscape and presenting relevant data to support
- Educate prospects on the technical merits of the PerimeterX architecture and service offering
- Always keeping up to date and being profoundly knowledgeable in Web Application Security as well as PerimeterX products
- Managing proof of concepts for customers and prioritizing tasks appropriately
- CLOSE... CLOSE... CLOSE!
What we are looking for from you...
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field or equivalent work experience (minimum of five years)
- The ability to understand complex technical solutions in security and/or web performance and present them to customers
- Understanding of IP networking, HTTP, DNS and various web architectures
- Experience with selling, configuring and troubleshooting web based security solutions
Why you should join PerimeterX...
- A platform to learn about Cyber Security while working with industry-leading technology
- A chance to work with some of the most well-known brands in e-commerce, travel, hospitality, retail, and enterprise SaaS
- Catered lunch and dinners every day
- Plenty of yummy snacks and drinks
- Lots of coffee (or Red Bull) to keep you going all day
- In/Out of Office happy hours
- Quarterly out of the office events
- Automatic cell phone allowance
- Spacious and freshly remodeled office in San Mateo
- Standup desks
- Fresh PerimeterX SWAG
PerimeterX is a provider of scalable, behavior-based threat protection technology for the web, cloud and mobile. Its security service PerimeterX Bot Defender™ accurately protects commerce, media and enterprise websites from all types of automated or non-human attacks, at any scale. PerimeterX was founded in 2014 and has received 77.5 million in funding to date.