eTail East 2017: How Wayfair Beat ATO, Carding, and Price Scraping
At Wayfair, #16 in the Internet Retailer 500, engineers were forced to burn time battling bot attacks such as account takeover, carding, and price & content scraping. Malicious bots, relentlessly targeting millions of customer accounts, made up half its traffic. Learn how Wayfair:
- Identified attacks by sophisticated botnets launched from 25,000+ IP addresses.
- Cut by 85% the attacks per month that required Engineering intervention.
- Stopped account takeover, and protected customer information.
- Greatly reduced load on the card verification system, and cut card processing costs.
- Won the price scraping arms race, definitively - and boosted organic search results.
- Restored accuracy and “sense” to analytics by removing the “bot half” of traffic.